Academic and Executive Education, Research and Consultancy for the Financial Markets
Established in 1991 with funding provided by the International Capital Market Association (ICMA) in Zurich, the Centre is housed in a purpose-built modernist building with state-of-the-art facilities including three dealing rooms running Thomson Reuters ,Bloomberg and Datastream products, where students learn how markets really function and apply theory through simulations. The Centre recently celebrated the opening of its new extended facilities funded by a £5m donation from ICMA which includes an additional flagship 40-seat dealing room sponsored by Thomson Reuters. The Centre also boasts two lecture theatres, several seminar rooms, a dedicated research area, informal seating areas, café bars and Bloomberg TV.
Part of Henley Business School, the ICMA Centre’s success is a combination of factors:
- The integration of applied finance theory and industry specific education
- Professional and academic expertise
- Strong links with banks, trade bodies and other financial institutions
- The largest and best equipped dealing rooms in any European business school and teaching by former City traders
- Specialist Career Development Unit providing focused support.